Monday, June 18, 2007

Checking In

I just thought I would check in. Life has been busy and crazy these days but I am doing OK. I was at a conference for work last week and before that, I was of course prepping for it. I also had a physical, it was discovered that I have high cholesterol. I was told to go on a low fat diet and take meds. This had me really discouraged for a bit on the IE front, it felt like I was being punished for not being on a diet. I am doing better with it now but I seem to keep having "one last time" eating episodes. I guess it is going to be a new process for me. The meds are making my heartburn horrible. I think I am going to have to stop taking them, I have a call in to my doctor to figure it out.

On the therapy front, I have my first session this Wednesday. I am a bit nervous about it but the therapist and I seemed to really connect on the phone. I know that I am taking the right step, I just hope that I can find the right therapist and really get some of this emotional garbage out of the way. I will keep you all updated!

7 comments:

æ said...

please do keep us updated! It sounds like you're doing an awful lot right now.

take care,
ae

LMM said...

I am glad you felt you could mesh with your therapist.
Hope you find a solution to your medical issues.

Jen C. said...

Definitely keep us posted! And thanks for your email, too! I have decided to work with Monica, and we start tomorrow, so we'll see how it goes. (I think you're very fortunate to be friends with her...you both seem like such wonderful people!) Feel free to keep in touch via email, by the way...especially as you begin your new journey into therapy. I'm glad I could help and would love the opportunity to continue supporting you. *HUGS*

-Jen

Tree Lover said...

I'm glad your back. I've been wondering how you have been. Good luck with your therapy session on Wednesday. I'm eager to hear how it goes. I had my first session on Saturday, and it went very well. I really like the therapist.

wife2abadge said...

Good luck with your therapy!

Anonymous said...

UGH, that stinks (being told to go on a diet). I have those "last meal" experiences, too, but I'm trying to avoid dieting. Maybe you just need a bit of tweaking and you can still eat intuitively.

Best of luck at the therapist. Let us know how it goes.

Anonymous said...

I've been lurking in your blog. :) Through you, I found Monica's website, and I've been working with her for almost a month now. So, I wanted to say thank you.
-J