Friday, March 23, 2007

The sigh

Yesterday, I spent alot of time reading blogs, articles and talking to people about the hunger scale and knowing when enough is enough. I was feeling a bit discouraged about the hunger scale as I couldn't seem to find anything that really fit me. I spoke to my dear friend, Monica, the health counselor about it. I suggested to her that I wanted to write my own hunger scale. She thought it was a terrific idea, so I hope to produce one of those in the next couple of days. I did, however, find what I thought was a very exciting tip about how to know when enough is enough. Through the ww core plan, I learned about the sigh and I have only ever caught it once so this new tip was thrilling to find. One blogger said that she knew she was satisfied when she wanted to take a drink of water while eating. Oh My. What a great little tip, I took this knowledge and was ready to put it into action at dinner.

So, my dear fiance and I sat down for a lovely meal of tofu and vegetable stir fry over bulgar, one of my favorites. Armed with my glass of water, I began to eat. Well, after two bites I was thirsty. Damn teryaki sauce. I knew this was not my point of satisfied. So, I really took my time chewing, putting my fork down between bites and really enjoying the flavors. And low and behold, guess what happened. Yep, that's right. I sighed. And better still, I stopped eating when it happened and my stomach felt exactly comfortable with the amount of food in it. Who'd a thunk.

Sigh.

No comments: